Are you affected by the Seafield stink?
Many residents within our area have reported that they have been adversely affected by nuisance foul odours from the Seafield Waste Water Treatment Works operated by Scottish Water and Veolia Water UK.
Leith Links Community Council is aware of these concerns and we are members of the Seafield Stakeholders Group which meets regularly to discuss matters relating to the works.
We would encourage any residents who are adversely affected by nuisance foul odours from the works to ensure that this is reported, at the time, on each and every occasion. We cannot underestimate the importance of this.
We have previously distributed leaflets (pictured) to households in our area encouraging people to report any foul odours.
Please report sewage type smells to the City of Edinburgh Council using these details:
- 0131 200 2000 (24 hours, 7 days)
- 0131 469 5641 (office hours)
- email@example.com (not constantly monitored)
Please report burning rubber type smells to the Scottish Environmental Protection Agency:
- 0800 80 70 60 (24 hours, 7 days)
- City of Edinburgh Council responds to complaints of foul odour emissions in Leith Links area
- Scottish Water issue [another] apology for ongoing Seafield stench
- Scottish Water issue Seafield update following massive spike in odour complaints
- Scottish Water notifies community of increased risk of foul odour emissions
- Scottish Water & Veolia issue apology for Seafield stench