Police Scotland, City of Edinburgh Council and the Scottish Government have been working together to make £40,000 available in the City of Edinburgh for projects aimed at addressing Islamophobia.
34 projects are in the running to receive grants of up to £5000, with the people of Edinburgh deciding which projects get funding.
If you would like to take part in the decision making process, you can vote online here from today until 12noon on Monday 13 February 2017 or you can visit your nearest City of Edinburgh Council Library.
For more information, click here.
Following on from our Community Councils success in being the only Edinburgh area Community Council to generate enough interest to require an election in Autumn 2016, the Improvement Service has featured our efforts in a new online showcase.
A video featuring Community Councilors Abu, Chrissie, John and Michael has went online along with a written case study.
It is excellent news that our efforts have been recognised and our experiences shared with other Community Councils.
To view the showcase follow this link.
Leith Festival is a successful annual festival which takes part in our community, it takes many people to make it happen, could you lend a hand?
Contact Leith Festival direct for more information;
Changeworks has partnered with the University of Edinburgh to deliver IDEAL (Intelligent Domestic Energy Advice Loop), a cutting edge research and advice project on how smart technology can help save energy in the home. We are actively looking for households in Edinburgh to participate and will be recruiting households until August 2017. Participants can benefit from saving energy and money through more efficient home energy use.
Participation in the research involves:
- A two hour home visit with a survey and the fitting of sensors in your home measuring energy use, heating use, light levels, room temperature and humidity
- The equipment remaining in your home until June 2018
- Responding to surveys and messages received from University of Edinburgh experts via an Android tablet provided by the university
- Leaving your Wi-Fi running 24/7 to allow the sensors to communicate
Criteria to participate include:
- Having a combi boiler with mains gas supply
- Having a compatible gas meter
- Living in Edinburgh (EH1-17)
- Having home broadband
- No prepayment or smart gas meters (electricity is ok)
- Not planning on moving home before June 2018
Contact us to register your interest in taking part, providing your name, phone number, email address and the best times to contact you. Download the IDEAL information leaflet for further information.
Important note: Leith Links Community Council is sharing this information but does not endorse it.
Our Community Links Fund is currently open for applications. We have £15,500 to be spent on community projects which will benefit the people or place of the Leith Links area.
For more information please visit our dedicated website, www.communitylinksfund.net