Biomass Training Event, Saturday 5th June
Members of the community concerned about Forth Energy’s proposal for a Biomass Power Plant in Leith Docks were invited to attend an event at Edinburgh City Chambers to learn more about the planning process and how to properly lodge any objections. The course was organised by Planning Aid for Scotland and funded by the Leith Neighbourhood Partnership and was well represented by members of all Leith Community Councils, residents associations and other interested parties. There was a lot of information to absorb and it was also a good way of networking between community organisations.
Ally Tibbitt, who is a member of Leith Links Community Council, wrote up a longer account of the workshop on the Greener Leith blog. You can read his post here.
- What being a Community Councillor means to me: Sally Millar
- Have your say on… A Participatory Budgeting Charter for Scotland
- Leith Community Centre celebrates fiftieth anniversary
- Invitation to Polish Professionals working in Support Services
- Proposal of Application Notice – Land east of 139 Leith Walk