Can you suggest new street names for Leith?
The City of Edinburgh Council is seeking suggestions for new street names.
Anyone can suggest new street names, which if appropriate will be added to the Councils ‘Street Names Bank’ for possible future use. You can see which names are already on the name bank for Leith by clicking here.
Potential names should not duplicate any currently in use and meet at least one of the following criteria:
• commemorate local history, places, events or culture, and in particular any that relate to the development site;
• honour and commemorate noteworthy persons associated with the local area, or the City of Edinburgh as a whole;
• celebrate cultural diversity in the City of Edinburgh;
• commemorate national and international noteworthy persons, who have been deceased for five years or more;
• commemorate national and international events;
• strengthen neighbourhood identity;
If you would like make a suggestion to the Council, click here.
- City of Edinburgh Council considers future of Leith Walk / Halmyre Street site
- Police Scotland consultation: Local & national priorities & communications
- What being a Community Councillor means to me: Sally Millar
- Great Junction Street bridge works begin on Sunday 5 January 2020 for up to 10 weeks
- £eith Chooses 2019/2020 | Voting day – Saturday 1 February 2020