City of Edinburgh Council considers future of Leith Walk / Halmyre Street site
City of Edinburgh Council Planning Service are holding a series of public consultation events early in the New Year on the future of a development site at Leith Walk / Halmyre Street. The site area is shown on the plan below although the surrounding area will be considered in the consultations.
They are looking to gather people’s views about the future of this site to inform the development of a place brief (a place brief sets out high level principles to guide the future development of a site).
Clearly there has been a lot of community engagement activity in the area. It is crucial that the place brief is progressed in the context and spirit of the recent Leith Conference, held at the end of October.
- The ‘noise in the night’ explained…
- Leith Links Community Council responds to Leith Festival Funfair plan being considered by City of Edinburgh Council
- New development planned for 111-115 Constitution Street
- Scottish Historic Buildings Trust seek your views on future of Custom House
- Concerns raised about condition of former Leith Town Hall (now Leith Police Station)