Community Council elections 2019: Last few days to submit nomination papers
Over recent weeks we have been promoting the Edinburgh Community Council elections 2019, click here to view our blog posts on the subject.
Leith Links Community Council have seats for twelve elected members, as does Leith Harbour & Newhaven Community Council. Leith Central Community Council have seventeen seats available for elected members.
Being a Community Council is a great way to support your local community, learn new skills & gain an insight into local democracy as well as being a great way to learn more about your community.
Nominations close at 4pm on Monday 30 September 2019. So there is still time to get your nomination papers submitted. You can find the nomination form for your local Community Council by clicking here. Please be aware that you can submit your nomination paper by scanning it & emailing it to the returning officer, handing it to them personally or handing it into the City Chambers.
Please do read some of the posts on our website about the elections and being a Community Councillor, and please do give serious consideration to joining us.
- £eith Chooses 2021 – it’s happening!
- What are you doing this weekend?
- Massive spike in complaints amidst ongoing foul odour emissions from Seafield
- Great Junction Street, Easter Road and Shore being considered as locations for temporary pavement widening by City of Edinburgh Council due to Covid-19
- City of Edinburgh give notice of planned changes to Great Junction Street, Duke Street, Leith Walk and Easter Road as part of Covid-19 response