CCTT – JOINT STATEMENT on TRAMS
Community Councils Together on Trams
Leith Links Community Council is one member of a group of four community councils who have issued a joint statement urging the city council to reconsider the wider implications, the detail, and the timeline of the controversial proposed extension of the Edinburgh tram to Newhaven.
Read the joint statement here from the Community Councils Together on Trams (CCTT) –(i.e. Leith Central, Leith Links, Leith Harbour & Newhaven, and New Town & Broughton, through whose wards the extended tram will run, if given the green light by the City of Edinburgh Council (CEC). These bodies approve the proposed extension of the tramline in principle, but urge caution and highlight a number of concerns on which they are seeking reassurances from the trams team and CEC. The joint Community Councils are seeking improved communications/consultation, as a matter of urgency.
- COMMUNITY COUNCILS TOGETHER ON TRAMS – PRESS RELEASE
- Trams to Newhaven – extra time – please respond!
- Community Councils Together on Trams: Joint statement
- Trams to Newhaven: Final Business Case published
- Scheme of Administration for Community Councils, review by City of Edinburgh Council – final phase