CCTT – JOINT STATEMENT on TRAMS
Community Councils Together on Trams
Leith Links Community Council is one member of a group of four community councils who have issued a joint statement urging the city council to reconsider the wider implications, the detail, and the timeline of the controversial proposed extension of the Edinburgh tram to Newhaven.
Read the joint statement here from the Community Councils Together on Trams (CCTT) –(i.e. Leith Central, Leith Links, Leith Harbour & Newhaven, and New Town & Broughton, through whose wards the extended tram will run, if given the green light by the City of Edinburgh Council (CEC). These bodies approve the proposed extension of the tramline in principle, but urge caution and highlight a number of concerns on which they are seeking reassurances from the trams team and CEC. The joint Community Councils are seeking improved communications/consultation, as a matter of urgency.
- Trams to Newhaven still scheduled for completion by Spring 2023 despite Covid-19 pandemic
- Trams to Newhaven newsletter | 7 May 2020
- Trams to Newhaven: Notification of start of construction work
- Trams to Newhaven newsletter | 19 June 2020
- Developing the Seafield waterfront – how do we see the future?