Controlled Parking Zone (CPZ) in Leith?
What do you feel about parking in your area? Many Leithers will have received a big leaflet through the door about the proposal to introduce controlled parking across a very wide area of Leith (basically from Abbeyhill to the docks). The Council is now seeking the views of residents, but unfortunately have only allowed a short period for this consultation – your views must be in by 10th November 2019.
This could make a HUGE difference to life in Leith – some will feel for the better, and some will oppose bitterly. It is important that everyone’s voice is heard. So PLEASE respond to this consultation. You can do so online at www.pclconsult.co.uk/edinburghcpz
If you didn’t get a leaflet, you can see it at www.edinburgh.gov.uk/parkingreview
There is a chance to go along and look at the plans and ask questions – do take this chance!
- St. Paul’s Church, 1b Pilrig St, EH6 5AH on Thursday 31 Oct 2019, 4-7pm
- North Leith Parish Church, 1a Madeira Pl, EH6 4AW on Tuesday 5 Nov 2019, 4-7pm
- Fort Community Centre, 25 N Fort St, EH6 4HF on Wednesday 6 Nov, 11am-2pm
When you respond, remember that this is not just a ‘Yes / No kind of issue. You can give your view about particular streets or areas. You can express your opinions about different kinds of parking control. There is not just one kind: there is permit holder only; pay and display; mixed permit holder/pay and display(8:30-5:30). There is also Priority Parking Area (PPA) which may be more suitable for some areas. This stops all-day commuter parking by requiring a permit or paid ticket for a short period in the middle of the day, but not all day, read more here
- Respond NOW! Controlled Parking Zone for Leith?
- £eith Chooses 2019/2020 | Your feedback is sought
- Leith Links event application: Circus Extreme July 2020
- Traffic around The Shore, 3-4 January
- Leith Links Community Council responds to Leith Festival Funfair plan being considered by City of Edinburgh Council