Hart Builders seek to finish noisy building works ahead of schedule to limit community impact
There has been lots of discussion within our community over the last two weeks as to what the source of the thudding noise being heard during the day in the Leith Links area is.
The source of the noise is pile driving works taking place in an area of housing development behind Leith Franklin Academicals Beige Cricket Club.
The works are being undertaken by Hart Builders and are expected to be completed in the third week of July, four weeks ahead of schedule.
Hart Builders are in regular contact with City of Edinburgh Council around the works, providing information around the works programme and noise meter records.
A spokesman for Hart Builders said today;
We (Hart Builders) fully appreciate that these works are very intrusive and frustrating but we at Hart are doing our utmost to complete these early to avoid any further inconvenience to the local community.
- Great Junction Street bridge works begin on Sunday 5 January 2020 for up to 10 weeks
- Update – Duke St./Easter Rd. and Leith Links area road works
- Leith Links Community Council responds to Leith Festival Funfair plan being considered by City of Edinburgh Council
- What being a Community Councillor means to me: Sally Millar
- Scottish Water respond to complaints of excessive noise from Seafield