Have your say on… A Participatory Budgeting Charter for Scotland
Participatory Budgeting has been an important feature of community life in Leith for a number of years, with hundreds of members of community being actively involved local decision making. Leith Links Community Council is proud to have been involved with various Participatory Budgeting processes over recent years including Leith Decides, Community Links Fund and Leith Chooses.
Nationally there has been a concerted effort to encourage & develop Participatory Budgeting and there is now an opportunity for our community to be involved.
A PB Charter would set out clear principles which could be used by strategic managers, those involved in planning PB and by people attending PB events or voting online to ensure that positive outcomes are achieved, and that good quality democratic participation is promoted in every community.
The Charter would be a formal statement of values & principles which will ensure good quality PB in Scotland.
Examples of Leith focused Participatory Budgeting
Examples of Edinburgh based Participatory Budgeting
- £eith Chooses 2019/2020 | Voting day – Saturday 1 February 2020
- £eith Chooses 2019/2020 | Your feedback is sought
- Leith Chooses 2019 seeks your views
- Leith Chooses 2019/2020: Final call for applications
- Leith Links Community Council responds to Leith Festival Funfair plan being considered by City of Edinburgh Council