Inaugural meeting of New Leith Links Community Council
On Monday 28 October 2019 Councillor Gordon Munro, acting as Returning Officer for the Leith Links Community Council election of 2019, declared eleven members of our community to be elected unopposed as elected members of Leith Links Community Council.
Also at the inaugural meeting members elected office bearers, and appointed members to key roles & sub committees, which are as detailed below:
- Gail Clapton – Treasurer.
- Abby Cunningham – Parks & Greenspaces Sub Committee.
- Angus Hardie – Planning Sub Committee. Community Councils Together on Trams representative.
- David Igoe – Parks & Greenspaces Secretary.
- Rafiqul Islam
- Sally Millar – Secretary. Planning Sub Committee.
- Andrew MacKenzie – Planning Secretary. Community Councils Together on Trams representative.
- Christine Reid – Parks & Greenspaces Sub Committee.
- Jim Scanlon – Chair. Planning Sub Committee. Seafield co-lead.
- Eileen Simpson – Seafield co-lead.
- Michael Traill – Engagement Officer. Licensing Secretary.
We currently have eleven elected Community Councillors out of a possible twelve.
We also have six vacancies for nominated representatives of local interest groups.
- An invite to the next meeting of Leith Links Community Council
- Annual Report 2019/2020 published
- Brexit leads to a reduced membership of Leith Links Community Council
- Leithers in despair as Seafield stench continues
- Next meeting (AGM) of Leith Links Community Council; Monday 26th October, at 6:30pm, via Microsoft Teams.