Leith Community Centre extends opening hours
Leith Community Centre (Where Leith Links Community Council holds its regular monthly meetings) is extending its opening hours from Monday 2 September 2019.
Leith Creative recently described Leith Community Centre as the town hall for Leith.
The Community Centre is managed through a partnership between Leith Community Centre Association SCIO and City of Edinburgh Council. For fifty years the Community Centre in the Newkirkgate has been supporting the Leith community to access opportunities to learn and be active. The centre provides eight rooms & halls for community activities such as adult education classes, sports, exercise & dance classes & activities, local community & interest groups and even hosts the annual Leith Chooses voting event.
From Monday 2 September 2019 the new opening hours will be:
- Monday to Friday: 9am – 9pm
- Saturday & Sunday: 9am – 5pm
In order to support new community groups & activities to take advantage of the new Sunday opening there is a special Sunday offer for new regular bookings, entitling them to up to two hours per Sunday free for the first four weeks providing their booking starts in September.
The centre still has availability through the week, and on weekends.
- £eith Chooses 2021 – it’s happening!
- £eith Chooses 2019/2020 | Voting day – Saturday 1 February 2020
- £eith Chooses 2019/2020 | Your feedback is sought
- Next meeting (AGM) of Leith Links Community Council; Monday 26th October, at 6:30pm, via Microsoft Teams.
- Projekt 42 seeks community support for new Leith Links facility