Leith Links event application: Lady Boys of Bangkok / La Clique Cabaret (August & September 2020)
City of Edinburgh Council have made us known that they are considering an application by The Lady Boys of Bangkok / La Clique Cabaret to occupy an area of Leith Links for the purposes of performances (including setting up & taking down time) from 2 August – 2 September 2020.
This follows on from an application submitted in 2018 for The Lady Boys of Bangkok to occupy part of Leith Links during 2019. View an earlier posting on our website here about the application at that time, and our response at that time.
As this is a large scale event, both in terms of attendees (estimated at 500 per day) and in terms of length of occupation of Leith Links, we are encouraging all members of our community to take part in the application consideration process.
Our community is encouraged to express their views, ask any questions and provide any suggestions by 11 October 2019, in order that the City of Edinburgh Council can take them into consideration when deciding whether to grant the application or not.
The City of Edinburgh Councils local Parks Officer has already made know their comment/s & fed them into the application consideration process – “this site could accommodate the event and still have areas for the locals”.
At Leith Links Community Council we have a policy on requests relating to events on Leith Links, which can be viewed here.
The web form at the bottom of this post will be automatically sent to:
- Councillor Gordon Munro (Leith Ward)
- Councillor Chas Booth (Leith Ward)
- Councillor Adam McVey (Leith Ward)
- Councillor Lesley MacInnes (Convener, Transport & Environment Committee)
- Councillor Karen Doran (Vice Convener, Transport & Environment Committee)
- Councillor Donald Wilson (Convener, Culture & Communities Committee)
- Councillor Amy McNeese-Mechan (Vice Convener, Culture & Communities Committee)
- Leith Links Community Council
- City of Edinburgh Council (Parks, Greenspaces and Cemeteries service)
Update (08:15 on 29/9/19)
As of 08:15 on 29/9/19, a total of fifty responses to the consultation have been submitted:
- Strongly support – 21 (8 responses with comments, questions, suggestions etc)
- Support – 3 (3 responses with comments, questions, suggestions etc)
- Neutral – 2 (2 responses with comments, questions, suggestions etc)
- Object – 2 (2 responses with comments, questions, suggestions etc)
- Strongly object – 21 (21 responses with comments, questions, suggestions etc)
- Undecided 1 (0 responses with comments, questions, suggestions etc)
Update (21:45 on 1/10/19)
At our meeting on 30/9/19, we have decided to remove the function whereby the completed web forms automatically send to City of Edinburgh Council officers & Councillors, instead, from this point we will collate all responses into a spreadsheet which we will forward to them at the end of the consultation. This is to avoid their email inboxes being flooded.
Consultation response form
Please note that this is a consultation, not a petition or a vote. You may wish to provide comments, questions & suggestions that those deciding on the application can consider, rather than simply stating whether you object or support the application.