Pay and display parking charges return on Monday 22 June 2020 warns City of Edinburgh Council
Earlier today City of Edinburgh Council emailed Leith Links Community Council with a request that we share the below information relating to pay and display parking charges.
Like many Council services, pay and display parking charges were suspended as part of the Councils immediate response to the Covid-19 national health emergency however, as we proceed through the Scottish Governments Route Map the local authority has decided to reimpose pay and display parking charges from Monday 22 June 2020.
The email to us said;
Pay and Display Parking Charges
As you may know, in response to the global Covid-19 pandemic and the subsequent lockdown restrictions introduced by the government, pay and display parking charges were suspended in Edinburgh on Tuesday 24 March 2020.
I’m writing to you to inform you that it is proposed to re-introduce pay and display parking charges on Monday 22 June 2020. From this date any vehicle parked incorrectly in a public, shared-use or residents’ parking place may be issued with a parking ticket.
Residents who hold a valid Residents’ Parking Permit were granted dispensation to park their vehicles in pay and display parking places located within their own zone, provided those bays are not subject to a suspension. I can confirm that this dispensation will continue to remain in place until further notice and we will be writing to residents to inform them in due course.
It would be most helpful if you could distribute this information through your networks to help inform members of the public who may be affected by these changes.
If you have any queries regarding this e-mail please visit our website at www.edinburgh.gov.uk/coronavirus.
- Lothian Buses announce timetable changes as part of Trams to Newhaven project
- Leith Links event application decision: Tom Kerridge Presents Pub In The Park – Leith Links 2020
- Trams to Newhaven: Main construction works start from Monday 15 June 2020
- City of Edinburgh give notice of planned changes to Great Junction Street, Duke Street, Leith Walk and Easter Road as part of Covid-19 response
- Help City of Edinburgh Council decide which streets need adapted as part of its Covid-19 response