Scheme of Administration for Community Councils, review by City of Edinburgh Council – final phase
You will recall previous posts which detailed the review of the Scheme of Administration for Community Councils in Edinburgh.
Today, City of Edinburgh Council have launched another consultation on proposed changes to the scheme.
(The below text is copied from the City of Edinburgh Council website)
On 7 February 2019, the Council authorised the Review of the Scheme for Community Councils. Minor changes were made and approved for further consultation on 2 May 2019.
The Scheme, Constitution and Standing Orders set out the rules and regulations governing community councils including election procedures, meeting arrangements, membership, financial provisions and a code of conduct.
The review aims to improve and update the terms and provisions of the Community Council Scheme. A complaints procedure is also proposed for considering breaches of the code of conduct.
Your views are welcome on the draft Scheme and complaints procedure as contained within the Full Council report.
Your opinion matters
The consultation period runs until 3 June 2019. You can send your comments by
- Emailing: email@example.com
- Writing to: Governance Team, City of Edinburgh Council, 2.1 Waverley Court, 4 East Market Street, EDINBURGH, EH6 5SF.
Please include your name, address and postcode. No personal details will be published.
Further information about community councils and the review is available at on the Council website
- Short Term Lets: Consultation on a licensing scheme and planning control areas in Scotland. A consultation by Scottish Government
- City of Edinburgh Council review of the 2019 Edinburgh Community Councils elections
- CPZ Phase 2 Engagement opens Monday,15th Feb
- Please respond to proposals for new cycleway and road changes in Leith
- Leith Links Community Council responds to City of Edinburgh Council City Plan 2030 consultation