Last week we attended a meeting with the consultants, amec foster wheeler and Cranfield University who had been appointed to carry out the strategic odour review of Seafield Wastewater treatment works. The community now have until 12th January to make comments. LLCC will be meeting with Leith Links Residents Association and elected City councillors to formulate our response. Members of the public can also make their thoughts known directly to the consultants but the CC would welcome any comments to be included in our submission and these would be treated in confidence
The full draft report has over 100 pages but the consultants also prepared a summary which I’ve also attached. Seafield summary
The summary includes short, medium and long term recommendations which we will be commenting about after discussion with LLRA.
The Draft Report is available on the Scottish Water website, accessible here: www.scottishwater.co.uk/seafield
Comments should be submitted by e:mail to email@example.com no later than Friday, January 12, 2018.
- Seafield odour complaints
- Scottish Water announces major improvement works at Seafield
- Scottish Historic Buildings Trust seek your views on future of Custom House
- Scottish Water issue [another] apology for ongoing Seafield stench
- Leith Links Community Council responds to City of Edinburgh Council City Plan 2030 consultation