SEAFIELD SEWAGE WORKS STINK
Over the past few weeks there has been an increase in odour emissions from Seafield. It’s disgusting and ruins local residents’ enjoyment of this good spell of weather. I’m disappointed to report that Veolia have been slow to react to public concerns and if SEPA and City of Edinburgh Council have taken any action they haven’t communicated that to the community council or local residents association who have been working hard on your behalf for many years. Rob Kirkwood from Leith Links Residents Association and I will be meeting with Ben MacPherson MSP on Monday evening to raise our concerns. I will then give you a full update on where we go from here.
- Scottish Water announces major improvement works at Seafield
- Leith Links Residents Association lodge formal complaint against Scottish Environmental Protection Agency in relation to Seafield odour
- John Rattray site works update
- Local MSP responds to latest 188 complaints of foul odour emissions
- Concerns raised about condition of former Leith Town Hall (now Leith Police Station)