Seafield Wastewater Treatment Works work update
Seafield WwTW site operators, Veolia, will be undertaking their annual planned inspection and maintenance works of the Thermal Hydrolysis Plant (THP) which forms part of the sludge treatment area. This will involve the partial shutdown the THP to permit the required inspection and statutory certification to take place.
neighbours. For a short period, the activity will reduce the throughput of the sludge treatment
but based on the manner in which this work has been managed previously and the forecast weather conditions (see below) the risk of elevated odour emissions and subsequent impact is ranked as low.
Work will commence on Saturday 29th September 2018 and whilst Veolia shall endeavour tocomplete this work as soon as possible it is estimated that the work will take until Thursday 4thOctober 2018 before the plant will be returned to normal operation. We shall inform stakeholders when this activity has been completed.
- Scottish Water announces major improvement works at Seafield
- Seafield – Stakeholder Update
- Scottish Water put community on notice for possible increase in foul odour emissions
- Scottish Water respond to complaints of excessive noise from Seafield
- Scottish Water notify community of works which may generate odour