Your Community Council
The next meeting of the Leith Links Community Council will be on Monday 25 September, at 7 pm in the Shore Room, Leith Community Education Centre, New Kirkgate All Welcome.
Did you know you can go and talk to one of your local Councillors, if you have a private matter you need to discuss (just turn up, no need to ‘book’):
- Councillor Chas. Booth (Scottish Green) Termtime Tuesdays 5:30 – 6:30 Leith Library , Ferry Road.
- Councillor Adam Mcvey (SNP) 3rd Wednesday of month, 6pm Leith Library, Ferry Road.
- Councillor Gordon Munro (Scottish Labour) 1st & 3rd Mondays of month 6:30 – 7:15 Leith Community Education Centre, New Kirkgate
What is happening around our area in September?
- Saturday 16th September (and every Saturday) – Leith Farmers Market, Dock Place, 10am-5pm
- Saturday 16th September – Lasting Change Workshop: explore the power of grassroots political engagement in Scotland, with Andy Wightman, Nick Wilding and others, 11am-1pm, Out of the Blue Drill Hall, Dalmeny Street
- Sunday 17th September – Leithers Don’t Litter litterpick, meet at Marine Esplanade, Seafield. 1:30/2pm – 5pm
- Saturday & Sunday 23/24 September – Doors Open Day across Edinburgh. Lots of fascinating buildings you can have a nosey into, including here in Leith: Leith Theatre, Customs House, Trinity House, South Leith Parish Church, for starters.
- Saturday 30 September – Leith Community Croft Harvest Festival, 12:00 – 16:00, Community Croft Johns Place, Leith Links
October / November
- Community Cinema Conference Saturday 14 October
- Film showing: Sing, Friday 3 November
- Film showing: Viceroy’s House, Saturday 4 November
- Leith Community Centre extends opening hours
- Next LLCC meeting, Monday 25th November, 6:30pm, Leith Community Centre, Shore Room
- Meeting of LLCC, Monday 28th October 6:30pm, Leith Community Centre
- Leith Festival 2020 postponed
- Jim & Annie Scanlon awarded The Elizabeth Wardlaw Leith Citizenship Award 2019 by Leith Festival