Setting the Council Budget 2018/19
City of Edinburgh Council is planning the budget for 2018/19 and is once again looking for your feedback.
The changes faced, just like other cities, continue:
- our population is changing and growing
- demand for our services, such as for schools and health and social care, is increasing all the time
- Council income has not kept up with rising demand.
In 2017/18 the Council invested over £900m on services for residents, businesses and visitors. It focussed on the things you said are important like education, care for older people, culture and services for vulnerable children and adults.
The Council has saved around £240m since 2012/13 and continues trying to work more efficiently and to prioritise services. Even with this, it is estimated that it needs to save at least £21m by 2019, over £100m by 2021 and £150m by 2023
Tell the Council what you think
Please give the Council your views on its budget proposals at www.edinburgh.gov.uk/playyourpart. You can also register to come along to Question Time on Monday 27 November, where you can put a question to a panel of senior councillors.
- Leith Links event application: Lady Boys of Bangkok / La Clique Cabaret (August & September 2020)
- Leith Links Community Council responds to Leith Festival Funfair plan being considered by City of Edinburgh Council
- Projekt 42 seeks community support for new Leith Links facility
- Leith Proposal: What’s good what’s bad and what need to change?
- Annual Review of Major Events in Parks 2018/19 and Consultation on Future Events