Earlier today City of Edinburgh Council announced that Ethan Young (Scottish National Party) has been elected to represent the Craigentinny/Duddingston ward at the City Chambers.
Councillor Young now automatically becomes an ex officio member of Leith Links Community Council.
Speaking on behalf of Leith Links Community Council Chairman Jim Scanlon said;
On behalf of Leith Links CC I would like to congratulate Ethan and look forward to seeing him at our next CC online meeting. I hope we can work together constructively on issues effecting local residents.
Due to a vacancy caused by a resignation, a by-election is to be held to elect one councillor to the Craigentinny / Duddingston multi-member ward of the City of Edinburgh Council.
- Register to vote, or arrange a proxy or postal vote by 27 October
- Polling will take place on 12 November 2020.
If you live in this area, please be sure to vote!
Thursday 12 November, from 0:700 until 22:00
Although most of the Leith Links Community Council area sits within the Leith ward (ward 13) area, the Eastern part of area sites within Craigentinny / Duddingston ward (ward 14).
Candidates standing in the by-election are;
- Elaine Ford, Scottish Liberal Democrats
- Margaret Arma Graham, Scottish Labour Party
- Tam Laird, Scottish Libertarian Party
- Andrew McDonald, Independent
- Ben Parker, Scottish Green Party
- Eleanor Price, Scottish Conservative and Unionist
- Ethan Young, Scottish National Party (SNP)
For more information on the election please visit the City of Edinburgh Councils website by clicking here.
For more information on registering to vote, obtaining a postal vote or obtaining a proxy vote please visit the Electoral Registration Officer website by clicking here.
The map below details the Craigentinny / Duddingston ward area.