Do you remember Leith Theatre? A new memory project has been set up jointly delivered by Leith Theatre Trust and Citadel Arts Group. They’re collecting memories of Leith Theatre to create a display and to put into a book of memories. The project is supported by £eith Decides and the Robertson Trust.
The first meeting will be in the Thomas Morton Hall (behind Leith Library, 28 Ferry Road) on Thursday 16th Feb 2-4pm. Katharine Taylor of Leith Theatre Trust will make a short presentation and then we’ll start to share stories and memories of the theatre and the varied events held there. Refreshments will be served.
Please come along just to listen or share your own stories and memories. If you can’t make the meeting on 16th Feb but have stories to share, please let us know and we can arrange to meet you at another time and place if that’s easier for you.
All the best
The next meeting of Leith Links Community Council takes place on Monday, 30th January in Leith Community Centre, New Kirkgate at 7pm. If you live in the Leith Links area we would be pleased to see you.
Agenda 30.1.17 LLCC-Minutes-November-2016
Leith Festival is a successful annual festival which takes part in our community, it takes many people to make it happen, could you lend a hand?
Contact Leith Festival direct for more information;
Changeworks has partnered with the University of Edinburgh to deliver IDEAL (Intelligent Domestic Energy Advice Loop), a cutting edge research and advice project on how smart technology can help save energy in the home. We are actively looking for households in Edinburgh to participate and will be recruiting households until August 2017. Participants can benefit from saving energy and money through more efficient home energy use.
Participation in the research involves:
- A two hour home visit with a survey and the fitting of sensors in your home measuring energy use, heating use, light levels, room temperature and humidity
- The equipment remaining in your home until June 2018
- Responding to surveys and messages received from University of Edinburgh experts via an Android tablet provided by the university
- Leaving your Wi-Fi running 24/7 to allow the sensors to communicate
Criteria to participate include:
- Having a combi boiler with mains gas supply
- Having a compatible gas meter
- Living in Edinburgh (EH1-17)
- Having home broadband
- No prepayment or smart gas meters (electricity is ok)
- Not planning on moving home before June 2018
Contact us to register your interest in taking part, providing your name, phone number, email address and the best times to contact you. Download the IDEAL information leaflet for further information.
Important note: Leith Links Community Council is sharing this information but does not endorse it.
Our Community Links Fund is currently open for applications. We have £15,500 to be spent on community projects which will benefit the people or place of the Leith Links area.
For more information please visit our dedicated website, www.communitylinksfund.net