The Community Council received the following update email from Michael Motion, Senior Project Manager, Infrastructure, Turner & Townsend
Phase 4 (Pilrig Street to McDonald Road)
Weekly lookahead (w/c 26th June 2017) and further CEC project update
Please see below details of works to be undertaken during the course of next week:
– Complete grouting to the slabbed paving at the Library corner and open up areas to pedestrians where safe to do so
– Commence paving to the N/W corner of Croall Place (West side of Leith Walk)
– Commence paving to Brunswick Street footpath at the junction with Leith Walk
– Continue paving to the east side of Leith Walk
– Kerb realignment, and commence kerb laying at Brunswick Street junction
– Continue works to the road crossings at McDonald Road junction, excavating the tracks and installing ducts
165 Leith Walk – Former Tram Depot Demolition
The former tram depot (located at 165 Leith Walk) is due for demolition, and further communication will follow regarding the programme for these works in the coming weeks. The area will be cleared and a creative workspaces project will occupy part of this site.
The smaller building at the front of the former depot (165a Leith Walk) will be retained and refurbished to create a pilot partnership hub delivering local services. The project is a collaboration between site owners, The City of Edinburgh Council and local arts trust, Out of the Blue.
The project team intend to hold a drop-in community event on 28th June, between 4.30pm – 7.00pm, in the McDonald Road Library. At this event, there will be an opportunity to find out more about these proposals and to ask any questions.
Any queries or concerns with regards to the above, please contact email@example.com