Trams to Newhaven: Notice of works in Baltic Street & Constitution Street
I wanted to let you know that Morrison Utility Services will be carrying out essential gas maintenance works at the following locations within the Trams to Newhaven construction sites:
- Baltic Street junction with Constitution Street
- Constitution Street (Baltic Street Junction – Tower Street
Works will also take place to install ducting to support the BT Openreach project and maintain their digital network. Thereafter, BT Openreach will have a presence on site for the following six weeks.
The essential gas maintenance works will start on 13 May 2020 and last approximately seven days. There will be no interruption to resident and business gas supplies as a result of these works.
The project is committed to keeping our workforce and the public safe and to reduce the risk of spreading the COVID 19 virus. We will be working in line with the current Scottish Government guidelines of two metre social/physical distancing with extra safety measures in place to make sure that our teams and the public are protected. These additional measures will include face masks, visors, glasses and gloves for use in any instance where two metres social/physical distancing cannot be maintained. Detailed briefings will be given to workers and we will be continuously monitoring working practices.
The works will be carried out during the normal working hours for the project which are 7am – 7pm Monday to Friday and 8am – 1pm on Saturdays.
Questions & feedback can be submitted to any of the Leith Ward Councillors, or directly to the Trams to Newhaven team.
- Trams to Newhaven: Main construction works start from Monday 15 June 2020
- Trams to Newhaven construction work paused
- Help City of Edinburgh Council decide which streets need adapted as part of its Covid-19 response
- Trams to Newhaven newsletter | 7 May 2020
- Trams to Newhaven: Leith Walk planters relocated to Duke Street / Easter Road / Vanburgh Place / Lochend Road signalised junction