Update – Duke St./Easter Rd. and Leith Links area road works
Hot off the press – the latest bulletin on the Duke Street / Easter Road roundabout and resurfacing works in the area, from the Council’s Transport Design and Delivery team. (aka If you were thinking of driving anywhere around Leith Links in the next few weeks, perhaps you’d better think again……)
Scottish Power attended site last Friday (18th Oct) to disconnect the lighting column and we are removing the roundabout today (21st Oct).
This week we also have Siemens on site to start installing the new traffic signal equipment and we will also use this week to complete all outstanding kerbing works for the junction.
Next week we will hopefully complete the footway works, start to install the new lighting columns and resurface the junction over the course of a few night (dates below). We will also need to remove the old PUFFIN crossings and create the lay-by at Vanburgh Place for the bus stop but this cannot be started until the new traffic signals are operational.
So between this week and next week we will be mostly complete bar some minor works and snagging. Hopefully after 3 weeks we are completely finished and off site.
Please be aware that we also have a lot of other resurfacing work ongoing at the moment. Please find below a provisional programme of those works
- East Hermitage / Restalrig Rd junction 25-28 Oct (Links Gardens Closure with 3 way TTL’s)
- Links Place 29-30 Oct (Straight closure. Diversion via Constitution Street, Duke Street)
- Easter Rd Roundabout 31 Oct-4 Nov (Close Duke St eastbound at Duncan Place and 3 way TTL’s. same closure and diversion as this week)
- Academy Street 5-6 Nov (Also close Duke Street eastbound between Leith Walk and Academy Street to assist. Diversion via Constitution >> Queen Charlotte >> Duncan Place or Gordon Street
(Programme subject to change as a result of wet weather)
from: Steven Blacklaw ¦ Engineer – Transport Design & Delivery
Place ¦ Planning & Transport ¦ The City of Edinburgh Council
G4, Waverley Court, 4 East Market Street, Edinburgh EH8 8BG
Tel 0131 529 3252 email@example.com
- Local traffic congestion & Links Gardens closure
- Update – bus changes around Leith Links
- Help City of Edinburgh Council decide which streets need adapted as part of its Covid-19 response
- Trams to Newhaven: Notice of works in Baltic Street & Constitution Street
- Great Junction Street bridge works begin on Sunday 5 January 2020 for up to 10 weeks