What’s happening in August?
There are a few interesting community events taking place this month:
- Thursday 10th August – Leith Neighbourhood Partnership meeting. 18:30, Nelson Hall, McDonald Road Library. There is £243,000 to be allocated for Neighbourhood Environment Projects. If you come along on 10th August you can contribute to decisions on projects to be funded.
- Friday 11 August – Leith Moves , 18:00 – 20:00, Out of the Blue Drill Hall. Film and exhibition on stories of Leith and Leithers.
- Friday 18th August – for kids and all ages – Leith Creative, with Lorne Primary & Jameson Place Sheltered Housing. Free playing out afternoon (12:30 -15:30) in Jameson Place, with a fun Street Huts building competition.
- Saturday 19th and Sunday 20th August – Leith Creative Community Conference. 13.00 – 17.00 both days, Leith Community Education Centre. Over the last 6 months, Leith Creative has been asking “What would make Leith better?” This conference will allow for sharing and discussion of the main issues and themes that have come out of the research, to date. Guest Speakers and round table discussions. Please reserve your place via Eventbrite (free!)
- Leith Neighbourhood Network | Let’s make our area better
- City of Edinburgh Council considers future of Leith Walk / Halmyre Street site
- Concerns raised about condition of former Leith Town Hall (now Leith Police Station)
- £eith Chooses 2021 – it’s happening!
- Next Meeting of the Leith Links Community Council, 31 August 2020, 6:30pm by Zoom