Review of Community Council Scheme
The City of Edinburgh Council is currently considering carrying out a statutory consultation on a revised Scheme for Community Councils. The Scheme is the key document establishing governance, relationship with the Council and procedural rules for community councils in Edinburgh.
The current Scheme for Community Councils was approved by the City of Edinburgh Council in 2013. A number of areas have been identified where the current Scheme does not provide sufficient clarity or guidance. A formal review is therefore proposed in order to strengthen the community council governance and decision making framework by building upon the existing document. A final decision on whether to proceed to statutory consultation will be taken by Councillors in February 2019.
This consultation asks specific questions around the involvement of young people, the Code of Conduct, co-option of members, boundaries and a centralised Community Council body.
Leith Links Community Council will be considering its response over coming weeks, which will be shared on this website.
- You can view the current scheme here.
- Click here to take part in the consultation.
- Advice, assistance, questions or feedback can be directed to email@example.com
- Scheme of Administration for Community Councils, review by City of Edinburgh Council – final phase
- Leith Links event application: Lady Boys of Bangkok / La Clique Cabaret (August & September 2020)
- Leith Links Community Council responds to Leith Festival Funfair plan being considered by City of Edinburgh Council
- Brexit leads to a reduced membership of Leith Links Community Council
- Annual Review of Major Events in Parks 2018/19 and Consultation on Future Events