Proposal of Application Notice – Land east of 139 Leith Walk
Another large scale development is being proposed for Leith Walk, this time on land at 139 Leith Walk.
The plans include – Refurbishment of the existing building, or potential demolition for sui generis flatted accommodation, class 7 hotel, student accommodation and commercial uses with associated footpaths, roads, landscaping and potential reconfiguration of existing car park.
The developer plans to hold a public engagement exercise in due course but in the meantime please find the documents provided to us below for your information.
Update 2/2/19: The Developer has now announced two drop in consultation events in MacDonald Road Library whereby interested parties can learn about their plans in more detail, ask any questions, raise any concerns and general give their views on the proposed development.
- Monday 22 April 2019 from 14:00 to 19:00 in MacDonald Road Library
- Tuesday 23 April 2019 from 12:00 to 17:00 in MacDonald Road Library
- City of Edinburgh Council considers future of Leith Walk / Halmyre Street site
- Latest news about the Easter Rd./Duke St./Lochend Rd. junction changes
- Scheme of Administration for Community Councils, review by City of Edinburgh Council – final phase
- Leith Neighbourhood Network | Let’s make our area better
- Plans for derelict Duke Street site open for public consultation