‘Former Bowling Greens’ meeting Monday 17th May, 7pm
Please join the next stage of discussions about the possible future of the ‘former bowling green area and building’ on Leith Links, at a Zoom meeting, 7pm, Monday 17th May.
Sign up to attend via Eventbrite here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/leith-links-plus-community-meeting-2-tickets-154754618229
You need to sign up by 4pm on Monday and will receive the link at 5pm. If it’s not there by 6pm, check your spam, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re calling this campaign ‘Leith Links Plus’, See the Minutes of the previous (first ) meeting here.
Agenda for the meeting is as follows:
- Brief recap of legal restrictions affecting the area
- Feedback on previous meeting
- Update on ‘Ideas Bank’
- Draw up Short / Medium / Long term aims
- Set up Working Group to take these forward.
- Draft Short Term Aims –
- Ask Council for more bins and benches. Also public barbecue area?
- Set up a Community Action Day or Weekend (July??), to do litter picking and weeding / cleanup, talk to & leaflet park users, maybe have barbecue or suchlike, and paint the building ourselves.? Volunteer performers? Boules tournament?
- Medium Term Aims – discuss Friends of Leith Links Group?, Refine list of proposals, community deliberation, explore skills and expertise available etc.
- Long Term Aims –
- Date of Next Meeting
We are also working on getting some specialised pages up on this web site that can be used for members of the public to share and comment on ideas under discussion.
Watch this space!