Proposed Carriageway Resurfacing Works – Duncan Place and Great Junction Street
The carriageways on Duncan Place & Great Junction Street (between Cables Wynd and Pirrie Street) will be resurfaced during August in advance of the work to extend the tram line. The resurfacing work will commence on both streets on Monday 12th August with Duncan Place resurfacing to last for 2-3 days while Great Junction Street will take slightly longer at 5-6 days.
Duncan Place will be fully closed to vehicles for the resurfacing work (access available for residents parking) while a one-way system will be set up for the work on Great Junction Street using Cables Wynd and Henderson Street.
There will also be some minor footway works next week (in advance of the resurfacing work) on Duncan Place to reinstate a footway buildout for the school crossing patrol officer, unblock and clean out the drainage, renew some old pedestrian guardrail and remove any redundant street furniture.
- Trams to Newhaven: Notice of works in Baltic Street & Constitution Street
- Traffic around The Shore, 3-4 January
- Great Junction Street, Easter Road and Shore being considered as locations for temporary pavement widening by City of Edinburgh Council due to Covid-19
- Great Junction Street bridge works begin on Sunday 5 January 2020 for up to 10 weeks
- City of Edinburgh give notice of planned changes to Great Junction Street, Duke Street, Leith Walk and Easter Road as part of Covid-19 response