Feedback – Seafield Complaints
Thank you to all you 60+ local people who have used our on-line reporting form to complain about the dreadful series of ‘odour and noise nuisance events’ from Seafield over the past couple of weeks.
The stench recently has indeed been appalling, unusually widespread, and it greatly upset many people in the community who were trying to enjoy the beautiful late summer sunshine at the end of September/early October. The noise must have made the experience doubly unbearable for those who suffered it.
Please rest assured your comments have been noted, both by us and by the various elected and other officials to whom they are forwarded. We are considering what action to take next, but it is really important that you don’t stop reporting the smells and noise whenever they occur.
It is obvious that, although the numbers are growing, many people still don’t know about our reporting system, or don’t believe it is worthwhile using it, as they may feel that ‘no-one listens’. Please believe that it has already made a difference and will continue to do so, so please encourage neighbours, friends, anyone in Leith who is affected, to get into the habit of always reporting, even if well after the event – it is still recorded.
- Scottish Water respond to complaints of excessive noise from Seafield
- Leith Links Community Council responds to Leith Festival Funfair plan being considered by City of Edinburgh Council
- Update – bus changes around Leith Links
- Leithers in despair as Seafield stench continues
- Massive spike in complaints amidst ongoing foul odour emissions from Seafield