Formal review of Scheme for Community Councils launched
Following a preliminary consultation on possible changes to the Scheme of Administration for Community Councils in Edinburgh, which we wrote about here, a formal review of the scheme begins on 11 February 2019, and runs until 22 April 2019 following a decision taken by City of Edinburgh Councillors earlier today [7/2/19].
Proposals aim to improve and update the terms and provisions of the Scheme. This will include the introduction of a complaints procedure for dealing with breaches of the Community Councillor’s Code of Conduct.
Council officers are also holding a series of drop in information events accross the City, although they will not hold any in Leith. The nearest ones to Leith are;
- 28 February 2019, 4 – 5 pm, East Office, 101 Niddrie Mains Road
- 6 March 2019, 5.30 – 6.30 pm, City Chambers, High Street.
The current intention is for a revised scheme to be presented to Councillors in August 2019, with a view to it taking effect in time for the October 2019 Community Council elections.
- Scheme of Administration for Community Councils, review by City of Edinburgh Council – final phase
- Review of Community Council Scheme
- New development planned for 111-115 Constitution Street
- Have your say on… A Participatory Budgeting Charter for Scotland
- North East Locality Events Fund – open for applications