Trams to Newhaven: Leith Walk planters relocated to Duke Street / Easter Road / Vanburgh Place / Lochend Road signalised junction
The Trams to Newhaven Team have said that in order to facilitate construction of Trams to Newhaven project, the 14 planters that are currently situated on Leith Walk will be moved to the Leith Links / Duke Street / Lochend Road / Easter Road junction. This will be a permanent move in order to accommodate dedicated cycling lanes post construction. The planters will be moved as part of the enabling works commencing on Monday 18 November 2019.
They went on to say – ‘We are aware that some businesses / residents have been looking after the planters and where this is known we have made contact to explain. An example of this is the Kadampa Meditation Centre who we visited to explain what is happening and to thank them for the work they have done. We will be attaching posters to the planters this week to highlight the planters being moved.’
- Trams to Newhaven: Notification of start of construction work
- Trams to Newhaven construction work paused
- City of Edinburgh Council announce road resurfacing programme for Summer 2019
- Community Councils Together on Trams: Minutes of meeting held on Thursday 26 September 2019
- Community Councils Together on Trams: Note of meeting held on 25 April 2019