City of Edinburgh Council intend to make some changes to the road layout at the Duke Street / Easter Road / Lochend Road / Vanburgh Place roundabout which will provide for:
- An increase in the number of pedestrian crossings;
- Footway widening and new street furniture to make the area feel more pedestrian friendly:
- Traffic signals to assist in managing the anticipated increase in traffic flows during the upcoming tram works;
- Improved parking and loading facilities on Duke Street;
- Removal of the eastbound bus stop on Vanburgh Place: &
- Full carriageway resurfacing and street lighting renewal
They have provided the following information slides to let our community know what is planned.
To submit feedback, or questions you can contact Council officers directly, or you can complete our simple webform. Our webform will send your questions or feedback directly to Council Officers but will automatically copy circulate it the Community Council and Councillors Booth, McVey and Munro.
City of Edinburgh Council have confirmed that information on the proposals will be made available to the public through local notice boards, community councils and a letter drop to local traders and residents to allow the public to provide comment and feedback.
Submit your views & questions
You can use this webform to send your questions & views to City of Edinburgh Council (Place Department), with your questions & views automatically copied for information to City of Edinburgh Council (Councillors Booth, McVey & Munro) and Leith Links Community Council.
Update as of 11am on Sunday 19 May 2019
Since we published these proposals a number of members of the community have taken the opportunity to ask questions or provide their views via our webform. Our webform sends peoples views & questions directly to Council Officers, with us and local ward Councillors (Councillors Booth, McVey & Munro) copied in.
Here is a list of the questions asked & views shared as of 11am this morning: