Don’t miss out on your chance to vote
Later this year there will be elections to the City of Edinburgh Council however, only those on the Register of Electors will be allowed a vote!
The City of Edinburgh Council has massive control & influence over life in Edinburgh from providing essential services such as education, refuse collections, to important cultural services such as supporting our tourist industry to ensuring that our city is a safe & clean place.
The elected body of Councillors provides the political leadership of the Council, with an extensive ‘civil service’ to carry out it’s functions.
It is important that as many people as possible get involved in electing the Councillors but people must be on the Register of Electors, and time is running out to be added!
To check you are on the Register of Electors please call 0131 344 2500.
To be added onto the Register of Electors please call 0131 344 2500 or visit www.gov.uk/register-to-vote.
There is a deadline: Monday 17 April 2017.
- What being a Community Councillor means to me: Sally Millar
- Concerns raised about condition of former Leith Town Hall (now Leith Police Station)
- Leith Links Residents Association lodge formal complaint against Scottish Environmental Protection Agency in relation to Seafield odour
- Projekt 42 seeks community support for new Leith Links facility
- Leith Festival Funfair plan being considered by City of Edinburgh Council