Brexit leads to a reduced membership of Leith Links Community Council
Following the United Kingdoms departure from the European Union at 23:00 on Friday 31 January 2020 the membership of Leith Links Community Council has decreased by six.
As per section 5.4 of the City of Edinburgh Council Scheme of Administration for Community Councils the six Members of the European Parliament representing the Scotland constituency are ex-officio members of our Community Council.
However, following Brexit the six MEPS elected by Scotland in May 2019 no longer hold office, and therefore are no longer members of our Community Council.
- We are recruiting two new Community Councillors
- Lockdown again – useful links – Coronavirus information
- Short Term Lets: Consultation on a licensing scheme and planning control areas in Scotland. A consultation by Scottish Government
- Congratulations Councillor Ethan Young
- Police Scotland consultation: Your Police 2020-2021