Brexit leads to a reduced membership of Leith Links Community Council
Following the United Kingdoms departure from the European Union at 23:00 on Friday 31 January 2020 the membership of Leith Links Community Council has decreased by six.
As per section 5.4 of the City of Edinburgh Council Scheme of Administration for Community Councils the six Members of the European Parliament representing the Scotland constituency are ex-officio members of our Community Council.
However, following Brexit the six MEPS elected by Scotland in May 2019 no longer hold office, and therefore are no longer members of our Community Council.
- General Election 2019 | Hustings information
- General Election 2019 decides membership of two Leith Links Community Council seats
- Scheme of Administration for Community Councils, review by City of Edinburgh Council – final phase
- Inaugural meeting of New Leith Links Community Council
- Community Council elections 2019 – Local interest groups