The City of Edinburgh Council is seeking suggestions for new street names.
Anyone can suggest new street names, which if appropriate will be added to the Councils ‘Street Names Bank’ for possible future use. You can see which names are already on the name bank for Leith by clicking here.
Potential names should not duplicate any currently in use and meet at least one of the following criteria:
• commemorate local history, places, events or culture, and in particular any that relate to the development site;
• honour and commemorate noteworthy persons associated with the local area, or the City of Edinburgh as a whole;
• celebrate cultural diversity in the City of Edinburgh;
• commemorate national and international noteworthy persons, who have been deceased for five years or more;
• commemorate national and international events;
• strengthen neighbourhood identity;
• recognise native wildlife, flora, fauna or natural features related to the community or the City of Edinburgh as a whole.
If you would like make a suggestion to the Council, click here.
Our Community Links Fund social voting day was a overwhelming success with 192 people casting 1467 votes to decide who should receive over £15,000 of funding.
With thirty three projects seeking funding competition is tough but the community of the Leith Links Community Council area took the time to meet the projects before casting their votes. A face painter and two social cafe areas were available to ensure the day was as much about bringing the community together, as it was to vote.
Online voting remains open until 12noon on Wednesday 15 March 2017, with results announced on Thursday 16 March, from 18:30 in Leith Community Education Centre.
Community Links Fund online voting is now closed (as of 12noon on Wednesday 15 March 2017).
Results will posted online on this website, posted on our social media accounts, emailed to our mailing list and emailed to all applicants on the evening of Thursday 16 March 2017.
Leith Neighbourhood Partnership have called their next public meeting and you are invited!
We’ll be there, will you?
This is a chance for local people and community groups to have a say in determining the environmental priorities for the North East Edinburgh Locality Improvement Plan, which includes the Leith area.
To have your say, attend their Craigmillar event, the full details can be found by following this link.